Intellectual property rights and copyright
Intellectual property rights are used to protect intellectual achievements. In Germany the intellectual property rights play an important role, regardless of whether this is in the technical field (patents, utility models) or the non-technical field (design, trademarks). After all, Germany, as a business location, has an excellent reputation worldwide not only for outstanding quality of work, but is also well-known as a place of innovation. As intellectual property rights very often incorporate a high economic value, it is essential to protect these rights and defend them consequently against imitations. We cooperate here with leading patent lawyers in patent infringement proceedings.
We are happy to advise and represent you
- in the registration and defence of national and international Intellectual Property Rights, in particular trademarks and design, before the competent authorities for this (also cooperating with selected foreign law firms specialising in intellectual property rights in the case of international trademarks)
- in court proceedings (patent, trademark and design infringements as well as copyright infringements and unfair competition negotiations) before German courts
- when negotiating and preparing licence agreements
- when negotiating and preparing sales contracts
- regarding issues of compatibility of advertising and marketing with regard to competition law